Fairy Abigail

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my latest project for Live and Love Crafts using the beautiful and brand new papers by Reprint. I love how soft and whimsical these are... they go perfectly with my little Fairy Abigail colouring by CC Designs.
Even though she's wearing a lot of green and yellow, I used the colour wheel to find a nice complementary colour (opposite each other in the colour wheel) to do my embellishments. By using opposing colours in the colour wheel you can create maximum contrast and stability to the eye.

Here are the copic colours I used to colour her up:
Want to see how I did the background? Click Here for Video Tutorial!
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: E50, E53, E43, E44Dress/Wings: G00, BG13(w), BG49 (w), BG78 (w), Y11, Y15(w), Y17, E15, E18 
Background: Sennelier L'Aquarelle (I have the 14 pack - these allow you to add more colour with less layers of ink which is what you need for copic card)
899 Forest Green, 805 Phtalo Green Light, 917 Dioxazine Purple, 501 Lemon Yellow

Hope you have enjoyed my little piece of inspiration today and hope to see you playing with colour a little more in your shabby projects! :) Thanks for stopping by!





You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. WOW this is amazing, what a great card, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking colouring! I even took the time to check out the video to see how you do the BGs. Beautiful; it creates such a dreamy aura for the image.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and image Alyce..Loz

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge